Low Voltage License Oklahoma

brown bison crossing an asphalt road

In Oklahoma, the Construction Industries Board (CIB) is responsible for issuing and regulating low voltage licenses. In order to perform low voltage work, such as access control, fire alarms, video surveillance, security systems, and structured cabling, individuals must hold a valid low voltage contractor license.

To obtain a low voltage contractor license in Oklahoma, individuals must meet the following requirements:

  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Have at least four years of experience in the low voltage field
  • Pass a trade exam
  • Pass a business and law exam
  • Provide proof of liability insurance

For access control systems, fire alarms, video surveillance, and security systems, individuals must pass the Limited Energy Systems exam. For structured cabling, individuals must pass the Low Voltage Cabling exam.

Exams are offered by PSI, an independent testing company. Exam information and registration can be found on the CIB website: https://cib.ok.gov/forms#electrical

To apply for a low voltage contractor license, individuals must submit an application and pay the required fee. The application can be found on the CIB website: https://cib.ok.gov/sites/g/files/gmc756/f/electrical-application-updated-may2022.pdf

It is important to note that low voltage license requirements in Oklahoma may change over time and it is always best to check the CIB website for the most current information.